You have to go on a walk, and you have to write.

November 03, 2015

I was saying how I wish everyone would admit more often how clueless we all are. Let's talk about how we are all doing this for the first time, and we have no idea "where we are going." We're all hurling through space on this rock together, pretending like we have it all figured out.

Art is our way of saying 'we're in this together'.

I'm trying to sound smart, and relevant, and introspective. I have so many feelings, but none of them form themselves into cleverly arranged words. I am not a writer. I'm trying to imagine what a painting would look like if I started it, and completed it, and liked it. I am not a painter. I held a guitar and I tried to find the music in me, but music is not math and I am not a musician. If reading was an art, I could do that- I could call myself a reader.

I like to create loaves of bread. I like to create laughter. I like the colors my mind makes when I listen to incredible music lying in the dark. I like the shapes your face makes when we're lying in the dark.

I like the way the clouds looked, bright and lit from within. And it is cold, and I am quiet. I don't process moments until I am long out of them. I am looking out at the water, and I am feeling the pebbles beneath my feet. I am quiet and I am safe and I don't have a plan. Is my brain more quiet than average? What does it sound like when I'm alone, awake, and not looking at a screen?

The secret is, you will find yourself in the space between distractions. Tiny slivers of vulnerability.
I don't have to talk about it, I just have to do it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments